Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Epic Epilogue

I thought I'd write a little recap of the whole Paleo Diet experiment, now that it's been over for a couple of months, just like, looking back...

I've very much incorporated what I learned on the PD into my life, (except the rivers of beer) although I haven't been sticking to it absolutely. However, it has had a significant effect on the food choices I make every day. I now eat fruit, eggs, berries and nuts for breakfast, where previously I ate oatmeal.

I have salads for lunch most days and if I go out and get a burrito, I get the no-rice no-beans variety, which is chokka with veges. Yum! I've actually noticed the few times I've really strayed, like when I ate a huge regular burrito, or wolfed down half a bag of chips, I've felt like shit anyway, so it's not hard to avoid. I've also noticed that it's simple carbs that give acid reflux, not necessarily spicy or rich foods.

Speaking of reflux I have a very embarrassing confession to make! The third night into the diet I wet the bed. Yes, like big time GI. Like I drained my bladder into my lovely mattress. I didn't admit it at the time because I was embarrassed and wanted to see if it was the onset of old-age.

It only happened once. It must have been something to do with the shock to my system. Cool huh?! I thought it was kinda cool. It's not every day you do something so extreme it makes you soil yourself in the sack.

As promised here is a photo from the marathon.

3 comments:

  1. James, so glad to hear you felt the whole experience was worth it and that you really got something out of it. I'm still eating Paleo (18th week now) and it's made a profound impact on my food choices too.

    Wetting the bed? Wow, that's pretty damn extreme, dude. Never heard anyone experience that before, but it must have been your body telling you something. Stay lean, mean and Paleo my man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete