Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 1

I must have been really excited this morning. I woke up at 5:30 and went for a 6 mile run. In the rain. And in the dark. Maybe it was the half loaf of bread and slab of cheese I ate last night in a ritualistic ecstasy of fumbling.

So far so good. It's 8:20 am and I have so far consumed:

1 banana
1 cup tea (black of course!)
1 cup chopped canteloupe, whatever that is...
1/4 cup blueberries
Scramble made from 3 eggs, 1/4 onion, 3 mushrooms and 1 tomato.

I can't help but feel there's a gaping void between me and lunch...

Other than that I feel fine. Slept well. Onward ho!

---update 1:44pm---

Made it through to lunch easy peasy! I was pleasantly surprised, even after doing yoga at midday. One black coffee was all I had and I had none of my usual tummy-rumbling late morning. I reckon I could have gone another couple of hours without eating... but let's not be silly about this...

Just made lunch, a salad:
6oz chicken breast
mixed greens
tiny wee tomatoes from Mexico
1/2 avocado
some carrots
some sliced almonds
olive oil
lemon juice
pinch salt (athlete's license)

I just ate it and I'm full! Let's hope it lasts.

Oh, and I took a nap from 9 to 10. I felt very tired but I'm fine now.

---update 8:54pm---

I don't think I could have had a better start to the Paleolithic diet! I haven't felt hungry all day. I went for ANOTHER 6 mile run and managed to do it faster and stronger than the one in the morning. I very rarely run twice in one day. 12 miles and an hour of yoga!

The only snacks I had in the afternoon were a small amount of beef jerky and an apple.

Dinner was steamed rutabagas, parsnips, carrots and asparagus. I slapped a seared Ahi Tuna Steak on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment