Sunday, March 29, 2009

No Problemo Muchachos

14 miles on 2 boiled eggs and 2 bananas. No problem.

Okay, so there was a problem, we (Emma and me I mean I) were meant to run 16 but I got too hot and felt funny so I called it at 14. Just for the record, Emma - who I persuaded to run her first marathon in May with me - could have kept going.

Actually it was a beautiful run, incorporating the Presidio, the length of Golden Gate Park (closed to cars on Sundays), Ocean Beach, Land's End, the GG Bridge, Crissy Field, all on a spectacular San Francisco day! What a weekend this has been! (Yesterday I hit the Farmer's Market and Saturday in Dolores Park for the first time.)

Add to that the feeling of extreme self-righteousness I can now enjoy for the rest of the day!

Lunch. Omelet. That's enough eggs for one day. I think tonight for dinner I'm going to have... wait for it.... PORK you porky porksters!

In other news, I have two followers!

Big shout out to Megan and Stephanie for subscribing to my drivel! Woot!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I must confess though, I had forgotten all about your blog for the last couple of weeks while I was busy with school. I was looking through part of the Caveman Forum this morning and rediscovered your posts. I think you did a good job of defending marathon training/racing as a challenge, though not necessarily paleo. I dare say I actually enjoy long-distance running *gasp* and its challenges. Your blog and sense of humor are awesome, keep it up! I promise to be a much better follower from now on =)

    ReplyDelete