Saturday, April 4, 2009

20 Miles Junkin'

---yesterday---

I did a little 5-mile jog last night, because I had nothing to do... even though I have a 20 mile run on my calendar for today... oh momma! I'm scairt!

Then I made some kick-ass turkey burgers. I am turning into quite the chef! I added some finely chopped celery, shrooms and onions to my ground breast, and served over collard greens (thank god they're finished) and sweet potaties. Feast your eyes!

I know what you're thinking: "James, technically the sweet potato is a tuber, and therefore banned on the Paleolithic Diet". You're right, but I thought I'd better carb it up for this run today. The book says I can.

--- today ---

Saturday is huuuuuuuge when you don't go out and get really boozed on Friday night. Huuuuuuge! Why didn't any of you tell me? I got up at 7 and was at the Ferry Building Farmer's Market by 8:45 (I've never been on such a crowded bus in my life - except this one time I rode the bus to Hallowe'en in the Castro and someone lit a doobie and hotboxed the whole bus! Choice! (If you like that sort of thing))

I immediately got a blue-bottle coffee, coz that's what you do, and bought some leeks to ostentatiously stick out of my backpack, and wandered around squeezing and purchasing produce, and looking self-righteous.


When I got back from the Farmer's Market I started cooking! I think I have now perfected my veal liver recipe:

Chop 2 large onions and fricassee or whatever them in some EVOO.

Add 1 or 2 pounds of chopped veal livers, some garlic, some chopped shroomage, and a few splats of Worcester sauce (I know, I know, shut up, it's just a taste)

Put the lid on and go check facebook. When you get back throw some chopped cabbage and carrots in a bowl and splooge some mayo on it. Molest it a bit with a fork and serve:


Booya! The lunch of champeens!

I've already started roasting a huge organic grass-fed shiatsu-masturbated Kobe PORK loin in preparation for tonight's meal. I've also prepared the yams, leeks, broccoli and carrots. I reckon I'll be too pooped to cook after this run!

Now to put my feet up, digest livers, and visualize making it through 20 miles...

---update---

20 miles. 2 hours 50. Negative split. No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment