Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blaaaaghh!

This is such a bummer. I'm like totally, like, sick like. It's tortuous, just sitting around constantly blowing my nose, feeling achy, dizzy, looking outside at the nice day. Aaaaagh! Tapering week is usually fairly frustrating anyway, but this is awful.

At least I know it's not swine flu, because I have all the symptoms of swine flu but one. 'Loss of appetite'.

I have not lost my appetite. In fact I need to go out for food. Last night I was forced to eat cabbage and kale with sardines on top. Mercifully, there is no photo. Just a lingering aroma.

It's funny to think that my last week of preparation for a marathon entails lying in bed for a week, wallowing in self-pity, and not eating any carbs. It's the kind of thing from which legends are made.

I will probably win this marathon.

Ha, I just started laughing which then started a coughing fit.

Okay, I'm gonna get up and shower, I smell like old sweat and sardines and haven't shaved for a week. Maybe that girl is at the coffee shop again...

No comments:

Post a Comment