Friday, April 17, 2009

Long Run Done

I had a 20 mile run looming large on my schedule for this weekend, which was hanging over me like the proverbial Sword of Damocles. So, on a whim yesterday, I decided to do it! Boy was it tough! After yoga, and a delicious chicken salad, I set out in full endurance garb. This consists of Camelbak, MP3 player, with all my mash-ups (I taped the earbuds onto my ears with band-aids - cool!). Paisley bandanna - carefully selected to match my shorts, GPS unit, Zildjian wristbands and my aviator sunnies. A quick check in the mirror confirmed I looked like a total douchebag, so I was ready to go!

The first 5 miles were into a strong head wind, and it was as cold as a witch's tit! Actually the whole thing was reeeally tough, and I attribute my success to A) the paleolithic diet, and B) the fact that I'm well 'ard.

In other news, Molly Stone's were having a super mega sale on PORK loins, so I bought all 20 lbs of them... look what you can do with 20 lbs of pork loins! Fun!


All the long runs done, and only a little over 2 weeks until the marathon, and the end of the Paleolithic Diet Experiment!

It's changed me though, it really has.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching the end of your experiment fully intact and with just a couple weeks to go until the big day! I hope this doesn't mean your blog will be terminated. =) I have my first 20-miler of the season tomorrow, wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not over. I'm going to keep eating Paleolithic until the marathon itself! I don't know what I'm going to do afterward... I kinda like blogging... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I see the confusion. The penultimate sentence was a tad ambiguous...

    ReplyDelete