Friday, April 24, 2009

Chitown

Wow! I thought it was going to be cheaper but I had no idea by how much! Just look at these prices...


Do you know how much dried pilchard go for in Pac Heights?! Neither do I, but the veges are about 1/10th the price.

I bought a plethora of fresh produce, two huge nutsacks, and some weird Chinese dried meats and fruit. The nuts were a staggering $2.99 a pound. Compare to $12.99 a pound at Molly Stones.


So I'll admit I was a bit concerned about the dubious hygiene standards, particularly of the nuts. They were in big bins and you just scooped them out with your hands.

Having no idea how many Chinese people have fondled my nuts, I set about steaming them clean when I got home.


With all the money I saved I was able to buy this hilarious Chinese novelty! Motion-Detecting Farty Man!



Oh and I couldn't resist taking a touristy self-portrait... but I kinda missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment