Thursday, April 2, 2009

Chuuuursday

Having done all my laundry and cleaned my apartment already yesterday, I got up this morning with a gaping void between me and midday yoga. On Thursdays I go to mellow yoga with Allie, who is a total sweetheart and teaches a really gentle, kind, gracious and sincere class. This is because she is all these things.

Usually this is not in keeping with my intense desire to punish myself, but I go to a 'kynd' class once a week to keep up the appearance that not everything I do is based on deep, inherent, self-loathing (it is - but you knew that).

So I decided to spend my morning at The Grove, trying to look single and interesting. (Based on results I managed, at most, one of the two.)

After yoga, because Allie had somehow, by osmosis, convinced me, temporarily, that I'm a nice person, I decided to reward myself with a meal out, at The Crepevine! I ordered an omelet with bacon, avocado, spinach and tomato! Woohoo! I also requested fruit and NO TOAST NOR POTATOES!!

The bastards screwed it up again and tried to tempt me with Satan's Tubers. But as you will see from the following image, I resisted the temptation of Beel-ze-spuds! [Oh yeah! Pun-tastic! - Ed]

In the picture I have ghosted out what I ate of the meal, by overlaying 'before' and 'after' photos. As you can see I left the malevolent murphies to be tossed. Haha! I am strong! Hear me roar!


(And in case you're wondering, yes, it was very hard to eat the fruit and omelet without moving the plate or any potatoes.)

1 comment: